If you are like most homeowners, you take for granted the energy efficiency of your home. Maybe you don’t think about it on a daily basis, but chances are you benefit from the insulation in your home in a number of ways.
You save on your energy bill by reducing the amount of energy that is used in your home. This is due to a few things; first, your home has more insulation than before and second, because the walls and ceilings are insulated, the building as a whole is cooler in summer and warmer in winter.
You also take advantage of the home’s built in energy efficiency. Energy-efficient features like well-insulated walls and ceilings help to save you on your energy bill.
The drawback of energy efficiency is that sometimes it can be difficult to spot the benefits. It can be easy to forget that your own home is saving you money. However, one way to spot the benefits of insulation is by calculating your home’s R-2000 value rating. If your home has an R-2000 value rating of over 7.5, it means that it has high levels of insulation.
If you are planning to build or renovate a home, it is important to take into account the insulation levels of the finished product. Some benefits of adding fiberglass insulation to a building are as follows:
Fiberglass insulation is a common choice for building insulation because of the number of benefits it offers. Common benefits include:
- Efficiency – Fiberglass insulation is an efficient thermal insulating material.
- Durability – Fiberglass insulation is a long-lasting insulation material.
- Low Cost – Fiberglass insulation is a low-cost insulation material.
- Portability – Fiberglass insulation can be easily moved between different parts of a building.
- Noise Reduction – Increased levels of insulation can reduce noise in a building.
- Protection from damaging weather conditions – Fiberglass insulation protects your building from damaging weather conditions.
- Temperature Control – Fiberglass insulation is a good thermal insulator and can help to control the temperature in a building.
- Protection from UV Radiation – Fiberglass insulation blocks out UV radiation.
There are a number of reasons why you might want to insulate your home or building. By understanding why fiberglass is a common choice for building insulation, you can start to weigh up the benefits and decide if fiberglass insulation is the